Public Works Department
Govt. of Rajasthan
सार्वजनिक निर्माण विभाग
The Public Works Department has a glorious history in the development of the state since pre independence. The department is mainly entrusted with construction and maintenance of Roads, Bridges and Govt. buildings. The department also acts as Technical Advisor to the State Government in these matters. Initially, Irrigation, Public Health engineering were units of PWD. Subsequently these units were given separate entities to handle increased scope of work in the respective field. Since the inception of the Department, it has strived through its continuous quest for excellence and putting milestones in the feat of Engineering.
Shri Ashok Gehlot
श्री अशोक गहलोत
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Rajasthan माननीय मुख्यमंत्री मंत्री, राजस्थान
Shri Bhajanlal Jatav
श्री भजनलाल जाटव
Hon'ble Minister, PWD माननीय मंत्री, सार्वजनिक निर्माण विभाग
It is this time that the Department is treading into a new era of information technology to keep pace with the modernization. The Public Works Department being the oldest engineering department of the State, has its well woven network even below tensile level which enables the P.W.D. to ensure the execution of a variety of jobs/tasks anywhere in the state.
Total road length being maintained by the department is more than 201064 KM. The Department also maintains State buildings all over Rajasthan & outside.
• Design, Construction, Maintenance & Repair of Government buildings.
• Design, Construction, Maintenance & Repair of Roads & Bridges.
• Undertaking Deposit Contribution works of various Departments, Local Bodies & other
• Relief works in the event of Natural calamities like famine, flood, earthquakes et al.
• D.R.D.A. Works like Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS) etc.
• Assessments of rent of private premises requisitioned for housing Govt. offices.
• Design, construction, maintenance and repairs of runway relating to the State Government.
• Development and maintenance of Public Parks and Gardens in important Public Buildings.
• Up keeping of Govt. Rest House and Circuit Houses.
• To permit construction of approaches on both sides of roads to private individual, other institutions, factories, Petrol Pumps etc.
Tollfree No. 1800110093
Landline No. 23490323
Contact Us: O/o Chief Engineer PWD Rajasthan, Jaipur, Rajasthan - 302007